Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Furniture Placement Options

When I put the deposit down on my soon to be humble abode, I measured it and drew up a floor plan.. sense my class is now finished I have had some time to play around with some layout options. Here are some of my options...
1.
2.
3.
4.

Which one do you like better (if you click on the pictures, it will make them bigger so you can read the labels on everything)? In the last option, instead of using a large shelf or tv unit to act as a divider of the two spaces, I will have a panel system. The scale of these plans is 2 squares = 1 foot. The main studio area is 18'x10'10"
I have the stools for the bar, and the chair and ottomans already, so those have to fit, and other than that I just have to have a bed, and some sitting room. I have opted for this sofa bed for the living room, it is love seat size, so it works for my space, it doesn't have arms, so it has more room to sit (3 people, as opposed to the typical 2 that a love seat fits), and I can also use it for company when friends or family are visiting.
I have an option that I am leaning towards, but I want to hear the input of others before I state my choice.

What's your vote for the Palace?

3 comments:

SissySees said...

I don't know!! I don't visualize well at all, even with props... Your loveseat sounds great though!

Anonymous said...

I like view 1, because it divides the area in to two distinct spaces and you won't have to walk around the bed every time you get in and out of bed. PatP

Ani said...

I like the living room set up in 1 but the bed room set up in 3! melt them together and you have my fav... =)

I just moved this weekend! Independance on independance day! You move Aug right?