Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oh Kati!


Every hour, I take Kati out.. She goes out on the line for about 15 minutes basically long enough to take care of any business she might have and get some fresh air. Well 25 minutes after she came in, I was making the kids some dinner, and they were playing in the living room. All of a sudden I hear the high pitched shrill of Little Ann, "Kati peed! KATI PEED!" I'm thinking there is now way she peed, she was just out, and even if she did why in the world would it cause you to scream like you are dying! Of course, I don't say anything, I just run over to make sure that everyone is OK... I mean she did scream like the world was falling apart. Well sure enough, Kati had jumped up onto the couch and peed, right next to Little Ann! That little bitch angel! So I put Kati away in the laundry room to take a time out, and then I stripped Little Ann, as well as the couch cover... and everyone had to get cleaned up. Not to mention that the spot that Kati decided to pee, is the spot that is used 95% of the time! And boy did she pee! Then I had to look up how to clean urine off of Micro Suede, and clean that up, and clean the kids up, and wouldn't you know it.. I let dinner burn! Damn it!
Anyhow, if you ever need to clean urine off of micro suede, you just soak up what liquid you can (by blotting, not rubbing), and then cover the area with baking soda for at least 30 minutes, and then vacuum it up. It works pretty well, except that I didn't read the part about blotting not rubbing up the pee, and so now we also have to take ours to the dry cleaners b/c they can't be washed (the water will leave spots on the material)...
Needless to say, the event didn't need a somebody is dying, window breaking high pitched shrill, scream from little miss Ann, but if someone peed on me I would have probably screamed like the world was ending too! I mean after all I am a princess :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, and with that Princess status, I'm surprise you actually cleaned up the pee! g

Lapdog Creations said...

God bless ya!

dogquilter said...

I remember those puppy days...what goes in immediately comes back out. Sorry about the sofa but things will get better soon I hope. She's still a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Poor Kati. Sounds like you had your hands full there for a while.

Cindy said...

The joys of pet ownership. I'm always amazed and more than a little humbled by parents with small ones and pets. You rank right up there!

Mindy said...

You learn something every day... and today I learned how to clean urine off of micro suede. Good to know! Ha ha. I, on the other hand, am becoming pretty good at cleaning up doggie vomit from a carpet. That sounds like a chaotic afternoon, hopefully you got some down time after all that.