Thursday, October 25, 2007

Catch up #1

A long long time ago...Kelsey came to visit me! Okay so it was only a few weeks ago, but shame on me for not telling you all about it yet!

She got into NYC pretty late on thursday after some long delays due to weather. So while I was waiting I walked around the upper west side of manhattan for 2 and a half hours! I definately got in my excercise...and I was able to explore the area around our hotel so that it would be less confusing the next couple of days! Since she didn't arrive until 11:15, we only had time to grab a quick bite to eat before heading back to our hotel for bed! (we stayed at this really awesome hotel called the Marrakech Hotel...It was awesome, and had this really neat chair in the lobby!


Saturday we went to the Met(ropolitan Museum of Art). It was really cool...we were unable to go the when we were in NYC back in April. We visited all of the 3D exhibits, and none of the paintings, because there is just so much to see and we had already been there for more than half of the day! My favorite exhibits were the Roman sculptures, which are just so amazing with all for the details! And the African and Egyptian exhibits were awesome! I have a love for anchient Egypt, and all of that cool stuff!
Then Saturday night we went to this amazing Italian restaurant called Merridiana...and we had a romantic dinner for two! Fullly equipped with a bottle of wine, appetizers, our delicious main courses, and a dessert to share! It was excellent as always (we've been a few times)! After dinner we went to a bar that is apparantly owned by P-diddy...it was on the Upper East side and was a champagne bar called 'Flute'...as in the instrument that you drink champagne out of...not the instrument in which you play. We each only had 2 small samples of some wonderful chapagne that ended up being 'on the house' according to this handsome man across the room--who we didn't even talk to but gladly accepted his gesture to pay our bill :) ..!


On Saturday we returned to CT...and Kels was given the tour of my new casa (and she approves)...then we just sat around and relaxed until we had to get ready to head off to my friend Sami's house for dinner. Sami's great! She made us some much enjoyed pasta, and then we got advice from the gang on places where kels and I could go out dancing close to my house. We ended up going out to this bar called 'the field' where there was a live band playing classic rock, and an empty dance floor. Another bonus is that it is close to Fairfield U ( a local college)(with aparantly good looking attendees)(why was I previously un-aware of this?...hmmmm). So we danced to classic rock hits at 'the field'. (There was no alcohol included in this evenings agenda...the pic just displays how crazy we are together!)

Sunday, we had some sleep...maybe too much, but it was nice! Then we had a lite lunch and roamed around town, so she could see what this new place is that I live in. I drove her past the beach and showed her some of my favorite places...It really is a lovely town, although Kelsey says she could never live in a town this small...I don't know what she calls Edmonds (the aparently non small town she lives in at home)(j/k kels... (-: ) Then we went out to dinner with the whole lot of my friends...which was fun! (this is a photo of us playing the sugar game! So fun)

Monday Kelsey was supposed to go home but I convinced her to stay until Thursday...so she stayed and helped me out with the littles, and we got to spend a little more time together!

All in all it was a great trip! I am glad that all of my friends are coming to visit me and that they can all see my humble abode, and that I am doing well, I know that several of my friends and family were worried about how I would be doing across the country from everything I know and love...But I am learning all about this new area and I am loving everything about it!

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. It is always fun to spend time with good friends.

Lapdog Creations said...

What fun!!! Great pics too!