Saturday, December 13, 2008

If you plan to organize your crafts.....

This weekend I need to get a lot of things done. My sister is coming to visit me here in CT for the holidays, and she arrives next weekend. This means that I have to get everything done today!
Most of what I really want to get done, besides the ever-dreadful laundry, is some organization of my craft supplies. I have an abundance of card-making, scrapbooking, and knitting supplies...its actually insane how much I really have. But I love doing all that stuff, it sort of relaxes me to unleash my creativity while making something fun, and it always makes for a nice gift too.
What will probably happen, is that I will start to sort through everything, and when I am organizing my stamps, I will want to use some of them that I haven't used in a while. If I let myself use some of the stamps, I will inevitably use all of other card making supplies to add to the cards. If I use all of the other supplies, my room will be filled with ribbon and string, stamps and stamp pens, cardstock and envelopes, and all the rest too. If I fill my room with all of these fun things I will ultimately organize them into piles, and if I organize them into piles they will eventually get put into their new homes. This will lead to freshly organized crafts, and fun new cards! Sounds like a win-win to me! :D



This is the only example of my cardmaking that I could find. I thought I had more photos, oh well. This is a thank you card that I sent to a friend over a year ago... I thought it turned out quite well. I guess for more cardmaking photos, I will have to post the results of todays organizing extravaganza later next week.

Happy Weekend Fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As soon as possible I need you to bundle up the cords you travel with and measure them! Preferably today, but if I don't have before the end of Sunday I can't promise a finished gift! g