Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Devil

Have you ever met the devil?

I have... he lives at my house. He is very mean and pops up unexpectedly just when you least expect him! He is nasty! And I want him to leave. He comes in the form of sugar!

That little devil is everywhere! He is in our food, drinks and he has convinced even The Littles to love him! And now he is working on me. I will be doing homework, minding my own business, and all of a sudden I need a sugary snack. Or first thing in the morning when I'm pouring a cup of joe, all of a sudden I must add in some sweet cream. I'm tellin ya, that little devil is here... and hopefully not to stay!

But I've got a plan to get him out: today while grocery shopping, I was reading all of the labels (do you know how long it takes to grocery shop when you have to find the sugar content in everything? I have decided that since the kiddos have their snacks that they are used to, and they know they only get one sugary snack per day, I will continue getting their fruit snacks, however, I have yet to find something that I can enjoy for snacky food, that isn't loaded with sugar or ridiculously high in calories.... is that so much to ask?!
Anyhow that is the struggle that I am having right now, so I am trying to switch from all the oh-so-delicious coffee mate creamers to plain Soy Creamer for my coffee, and then go from there. I'm still trying to convince that little devil that just because Little Dan needs my help opening his fruit snacks, doesn't mean that he needs my help eating them!

I heard that if you can cut out sugar for something like 3 days (personally I think it'd need to be gone for at least a week) then the sugar will be out of your system and you will no longer crave it... I'm going to give it a shot, but I think that if I see it, I will want it...

So here's to giving that little sugary devil the boot!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Hi, I'm coming out of lurkdom to ask if you can stand soy cream in your coffee? I just can't make the change, darn. Re sugar out of your sistem in 3 days, I don't believe that for a second! I did it for a whole year, but it came back to haunt me. Oh well, good luck with your making new habits. And, I think you are adorable!