Monday, November 23, 2009

mmmMonday



Another Croc Pot Recipe that I have found to be very good, is one that I got off of Food Network's website. It is supposed to be slowly cooked in a pot on the stove for 2 hours.. but I just do it in the croc pot... who has 2 hours to cook something like that! I just tossed all the ingredients into the crock pot and several hours later, when I'm home from work... I can eat!

It is White Bean and Turkey Chili.. (I looked for the recipe on their website, but couldn't find it..)
Basically you brown ground turkey with onions, bell pepper, and pablano pepper first, to infuse the turkey with those flavors. Then you add it to the crock pot with 2 cans of cannelini beans, and a can of any other white bean you like. Pour in one box of low sodium chicken broth, and stir it all together... then I leave it to cook on low all day. When you get home stir in one can of chick peas, and let it cook for about 15 minutes longer... add salt and pepper to taste.

It is very good.. you can add more or less spicy peppers to intensify the heat level you are looking for... and the recipe says to add a bit of lime juice when serving.

Very quick, easy, delicious meal!

1 comment:

SissySees said...

We don't eat turkey in our house, but I'm sure it would be great with another meat...