Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas In WA

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

So I came home this past Thursday. This December, has been probably the busiest I have had yet...with more to come I'm sure. With trying to get things together for Christmas time, getting things done with the Littles, Making sure Sheila was OK for the time I am away, and being ready to take off again, I had my hands full...once again. (I seem to have a way of doing this...I think I learned it from my mom.)

Anyhow, I got things taken care of. I was able to finish Sami, and Gwen's scarves. I forgot to take pictures before they were gifted, but now I can get pictures of them using them and then put them up. I have finished one fingerless glove for Laura, and she isn't expecting them until we get to Florida on Jan. 9th. And all of the other hand-made gifts were cancelled...less stress to get me through the season.

Christmas, and this time being here in WA, has been priceless. I think that the biggest thing that has happened to me since I moved across the country to CT is that, I have learned, you have to appreciate your family and your good friends. There are only a handful of people who would do anything for you. Most of these people for me live here. And I cherish every moment that I get to spend with them. It may not be a ton of time, but it is the best time! And I know that I have them all the time in my hearts and in theirs. You have to love your family! Even your bratty siblings, and your parents who may tease you...it is supposedly out of love, and I know that the love is strong! The best present that I received this year, was one that I gave myself, time with my loved ones. I am truly blessed!

So although I have been very busy balancing time with friends and family, and I know that when I get home, I will want to nap for an entire day, it will all be worth it! So thanks to everyone of you that makes someone elses life special. They might not be able to say thank you every day, but the love is there, and it is strong and good. Enjoy every moment of it!


Wishing everyone the Merriest Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you made it home for the holiday, know it means so much to your mom!
Say "hi" to Seattle for me, and blow Mt Rainier a kiss..if it makes an appearance!

Lapdog Creations said...

Glad you had a good Christmas and got to go home - did you like your yarn?

~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas.

Hope you have just as good of a New Year.