Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Surprise!

So, I went home for this past weekend! It was mostly fun. I only clued in 3 of my closest friends, and not my folks, b/c I thought it would be a nice little surprise.

So I landed late on Thursday night and Kelsey picked me up...it wasn't too late of course to go out for a couple of drinks though, so we stopped by on of our fave local bars in down town Edmonds.
Friday morning it took us forever to find Kelsey's keys so we were very delayed in getting over to my parents house, and by the time that we eventually pulled up...the queen was out and about running errands. I had every intention of spending the entire day with here, but I didn't want to tell her over the phone that I was home, bc I wanted to see the look on her face. SO instead I called her a bazillion times, trying to pull every excuse out that I could come up with....eventually she came home!
It was really great to see her! (I'm such a momma's girl). So we spent some time chatting after the initial what the.......are you doing here!?! Then we put some puppy paws in some fresh cement. Followed by going to meet (and shock) Mr. Jay. He gave me the worlds most love filled hug! (which he is very good at)....The three of us proceeded to dinner.

Later I met up with some of my friends, and I stayed at Kelsey's again. On the way home the next morning the car that I was using died! Everyone was busy doing stuff, and I was freaking out (no thinking going on) so I just did as I was told and pushed the car over as far as possible with 2 girls in heels pushing a car in pouring down rain up a hill, and then Laura and I went shopping at the Nordy's sale! Fun fun! But no more than an hour later, when we were on our way home, I got a call saying that the car was being towed........yikes!

This caused a lot of huff....upset mom's and upset children are no mix....so I got home, and got into a fight and then had one of my friends pick me up. Desiree and I went out to lunch and then to the Nordy's sale...did I mention that I love Nordstrom's?...then she dropped me back off at home. Since we had had some cool down time, we discussed the issue of the dead car, and that it was nobodies fault, but I would pay for it b/c I didn't use my brain to think to use AAA.....oh well....that instantly turned my $250 trip into a $550 trip...not including my shopping, and eating out! Expensive weekend! Anyhow I had dinner with the folks and then hung out there for a while, later going out again! with my friends.

Sunday morning I came home, and then my mom, mr. jay and I walked the hounds to get some coffee. Then I went out to breakfast with my dad and my sister. Which was fun, b/c I had told my dad that we should have a conference lunch, so he was just getting ready to call me when I walked in! :) After lunch we went across the parking lot to Ross...another one of my fave stores, and then back to my madres to pick up by bags and off to the airport.


A very short but sweet weekend! (pics to come)

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like you packed a lot in a short time. That sucks about the car.