Wednesday, May 26, 2010

FO turned WIP

(that's finished object turned work in progress for all you non-knitters)



Last year I decided to make a sweater for my bff Laura. I finished it in time for Christmas, however the size was much to large for her skinny mini frame! Sense I bought the yarn with Laura specifically in mind, I decided to frog it (rip-it, rip-it) and make something that fits her. I also did not want to make the same sweater again, not only because it would be boring, but also because it was a combination of three different patterns, and I don't want to re-do the math!!


Here is the progress on the new sweater...


I'm moving on up the back piece. The pattern is from Interweave Knits spring issue. It is the Double V Cardigan, from their section on "New Lace". It is a simple laced repeat, and because I have been loving lace lately, it is perfect. So everyone cross your fingers that it fits this time, because if it doesn't, I'm done trying. I actually did swatch for gauge before casting on, so it should turn out ok..


Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Stunning. You are a fearless, talented knitter!

gMarie said...

It's amazing what you can do when you have no fear. Knit on!! g