About Your Yarn Passion
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn?
I am a knitter... and I have absolutely no idea how to crochet! :) My mom taught me how to knit about 4 or 5 years ago I think??
2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?
I love love love using wooden needles. I have an abundance of large needles (size 11 to 15) and I think I have a couple of size 7's but thats pretty much it. I usually just buy what I need when I get a new pattern and new yarn, if it's something that I don't have.
3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others?
I make a lot of scarves. They are fun, and easy, and you can whip em up real quick to have handy for gifts and such so thats basically all I have done. I really would like to do a cardigan, but I haven't found a pattern that is at my level, and wouldn't drive me up a wall trying to do.
4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
Funny you should ask... I am in the process of organizing all of my belongings, and I found 4 half completed scarves... luckily I was smart when I put all of them down, and I put their patterns, with what row I stopped on, in their bags with them. So I should pick those up and get them finished for holiday gifts or something!
5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you?
I am going on vacation today, actually, and I am planning on bringing this one particular scarf that has a lace pattern that I created, I am hoping to get it finished up so that I can see how it looks when completed. Although I am the one who is supposed to be driving, maybe I'll make Laura drive, so I can knit! :)
6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try?
I like anything that feels good! That is usually how I pick my yarn... I walk around the lys feeling everything up, and then when I get to one I really love, I pick a color.
7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand?
I love most colors, I feel that color is essential! My favorite colors right now are browns and grays! I do have to say that I'm not a big fan of pastels, but all of the other options I adore.
Your Coffee Passion
1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not?
Caffeinated before noon, and decaf after
2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press?
Either works, but I generally use my french press, so if it is ground, its gotta be course--I can't stand drinking the grounds with my coffee, lol
3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type?
I like a medium to bold roast. I recently sampled the starbucks anniversary blend, and I am in love with it! Unfortunately, they didn't have any for sale when I wanted to buy it for at home, and I keep forgetting to check back!
4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins?
2 Splenda and a splash of soy creamer
5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine?
Both, and the smell too, For me, the smell of coffee is to die for!
6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?
Well where I live we only have a few options, some small town caffe with disgusting coffee, Dunkin Doughnuts, and Starbucks. I have never had dunkin, and quite frankly I'm affraid to... not for any particular reason... I just don't think i'd like it. So I attend the local starbucks 3 days a week, and drink my coffee and study for 3 hours while little dan is at nursery school.
7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it?
Its in a big'ol mug! I recently purchased this retangular ottoman, that would be perfect for the end of the bed or something, but I have mine right in front of the window, it makes a good spot to enjoy a cup a joe, and read a good book... or a school book.
8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?
None... I usually don't have anything with my coffee... I used to love sweet treats with it, but I am trying really hard to eliminate these things from my house, and my life, because once I start with them, I simply can't stop... So, if I had a magic cupboard, it would have chocolate chunk cookies in it, and they would kill me! lol
All about YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?
I am really into cardmaking! I absolutely love it! It is a a great way to get a little creativity out, and I can complete something really quickly, so it gives me a good sense of accomplishment too.
2. Do you collect anything?
3. What is your favorite part of Autumn?
I love living in CT in the Autumn because of all of the wonderful leaves that are constantly drizzling down off of the trees. My favorite thing is to take the Little's outside and run around in all of the leaves with them and the dogs.. Its the best. Or just sitting out on the patio with my homework, and the wonderful scenery of leaves coming down around me. I love love love it!
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body?
I love Lavendar, and vanilla... but I only like them for candles, For perfumes, I like sweet, or lightly fruity or slightly floral scent... I just got a new one that I love, although I can't recall the name of it. hmm....
5. Are you allergic to anything?
Everything!!!!! jk... dairy, dust, cats, some medicines.
6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID?
I am but I don't know... I've actually never used it before lol, but I will check and post back. :)
7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day?
Sitting on the patio with my homework already finished, and a good book, or knitting, and the leaves all falling around me! :)