Wednesday, September 26, 2007

mmmm...Yummy!

This week at the grocery store, I loaded up on grapes, strawberries, plums, peaches, a mango and apples for fruit...and for veggies I bought radishes, more green beans, mushrooms, a cucumber, and celery. I think that it is really turning into a good habit to chop up and wash all of the fruits and veggies immediately when I get home, so that when I am wanting something, I can go to them first. Plus it makes meal prep much easier! This morning for breakfast, I had diced radishes, mushrooms, and bell peppers, in scrambled eggs with toast.

Then for lunch I made a mountainous wrap! Including every veggie I've listed so far, as well as lunch meat and a sprinkle of goat's cheese, and a bowl of every fruit I've listed on the side. It was delish! But somewhat hard to eat. And very filling!



Over the weekend Dave, Amber, Will and I took a day trip to NYC. We went to Times square and wandered around a bit, then headed to china town, and then back to times square for a wonderful lunch at the Hard Rock before heading home...with a ton of wonderful new purses in tow! I purchased: A Chanel handbag with matching wallet, a Coach handbag, and a Versace handbag! It was so thrilling! They may or may not be real or stolen or whatever, but I love them anyway and could care less how they got into my hands! (Which is horrible I know, but can you blame a girl for loving her accessories!) I also found an amazing deal on some Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses and D & G's new perfume 'light blue', which is slightly watered down, but I prefer it that way...so I am thoroughly satisfied from the retail world for a while!

I am also very proud because Tuesday was garbage and recycling day. When I first moved here, the family had at least 2-3 cans of garbage (one big one on wheels, and then 2 smaller ones) every week and one small bin filled with recycling. This week (and I was lame enough to photograph it!) We were down to just the large bin of garbage, and 4 small-ish boxes and bins filled with recycling!! It just makes me smile to know that I could effect that much of what was going into a landfill, simply by looking up the recycling laws for our state and county! So I think that it is wise to know what exactly can and can't be recycled in your area, and to post in on your fridge or somewhere handy...look what it did for our house!! :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't see the handbags very well. Your fruit salad looks yummy! I'm hungry right now and have a ton of work to do - so in a minute (or 30) I'll be running out to get Taco Time (since I'll be having birthday cake for dinner!). Mom

~Tonia~ said...

Your food all looks so good.

Yay for more hand bags. A girl can never have too many.

Yay for recycling. It is amazing the amount of things that you can recycle.

Anonymous said...

Good job on the recycling! There is NO curbside pickup here, so we drag all of our recycling into town. Kansas is a tough place for a Northwest girl!!

Lapdog Creations said...

There's nothing wrong with satisfying a working girl's bag craving with some decent knock-offs! We have 2 flea markets nearby that have several knock-off vendors and they are quite popular. :)
I'm going to nickname you Rachael... as in Ray... the whole thing with washing & chopping when you get home from shopping, lol!