Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fun in the PNW

A couple of weeks ago I went home for a visit. I was only home for a short four days, but I had a great time!
The Sunday that I arrived was father's day. After being picked up at the airport, Mr. Jay, the Queen and I met up with some family friends at a local brew fest. It was fun, despite the typical Seattle rain.

Monday morning I took the remarkable new shall my mom maid on the ferry with me. I convinced my friend Kelsey that we needed to ride the ferry because, I love ferry boats, and I haven't been in a long time! It is a great and inexpensive way to spend some time. We walked on, and on found an awesome crepe place on the other side. Had an enormous breakfast, then puddled around town looking at cute shops, and local art. The sun made it out just in time for our ride back across the Sound.
When I got home, Mr. Jay and I went out for lunch, then spent some time lounging around the house with the dogs.

Tuesday I lounged with the pups some more, then grabbed coffee with grandpa. Followed that with lunch at Red Hook Brewery with Laura, then we raced down to Seattle to go on the Ride the Duck tour. It was so much fun, I love being a tourist in your home town, it's a great way to learn more about where you are from. They do Duck tours in a host of towns near bodies of water, I want to start going any chance I get!

Wednesday I went out to breakfast with my dad and my sister. Then after running a few errands, we went home and hung out until we needed to leave for knitting group.

Thursday I spent the day with my mama, aka the Queen. We had a good day! Started with walking the houndies up for coffee (no they didn't drink any). Then we went to an appt. followed by treating our toes to a pedicure, and treating our tummies to lunch. After that we headed home, did some house work, hung around... and I re-packed all my stuff. Laura tried to fit in my Carry On Bag, but she was just a bit to big for the bag.

Friday I took the bus into Seattle with my mom, and my dad picked me up at her office. He and I tooled around in the neighborhood of the airport, and when the time came, he dropped me off.

I enjoyed my time home, and I had a lot of fun adventures in those five days, but my favorite part of the trip was definitely getting to spend some time with Dudley. It was harder than ever to leave, but I am thankful for the time that I was able to spend with him.


Channon said...

That's my new favorite photo of you and your mom both! You look like sisters, beautiful, happy sisters.

Oh, Dudley... thank you for lovin' on him for me too.

gMarie said...

Cute photo of Laura trying to fit into your bag. Made me laugh out loud.

was super to have you home. g

Laura said...

you left out the part about the dead boy turtle on the bed... and that picture of me in the bag makes it look like i have 1 leg and 1 stub... it was good seeing you!!!