Monday, August 25, 2008

Munchkin Monday..BI wk 2

So in Week 2 in BI, we did even more fun stuff! Including Riding horses for the first time ever!!! I had a blast, we rode them down the street and then onto the beach. The total ride time was for an hour. My horse's name was Chester, and he was chestnut colored. Very handsome guy. We did this with, G, S, Little Ann, 2 of her cousins, and G's Sister and her husband, so it was quite the group of us.. my favorite part was when the horses started to gallop a little bit (although it took some getting used to), and then when we were on the beach S's horse laid down and started to roll in the sand! He had to jump off so that his horse didn't roll on him too. It was pretty funny and S was fine.

Then we went Kayaking in the great salt pond. It was fun, Little Ann and I shared a Kayak, and we went over to this shallow area with a nice sandy beach where we played for a while, until the clouds turned a menacing shade of gray and we decided to head back. By the time we got home, it was pouring down raining! (I have no pictures of the kayaking because I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to take my camera in a small boat in a large body of water!!)

Another fun thing we did was that the little neighborhood that the cottage is in had a bbq and potluck one day followed by a bonfire down at the beach! It was really fun, and the kids got a chance to run around and play with some of the other kids in the area.

Then of course we had more time at the beach everyday, taking walks, building sandcastles, playing in the waves with the kids, having picnics, and trying to relax, which usually ended with chasing kids and dogs down the beach!



One morning I woke up at the crack of dawn! (literally) So that I could watch the sunrise and get some pics.. unfortunately my camera broke, halfway through the sun-rising process..
I did get a few pics though. So the one on the left is the sun rising on the day I woke up really early and the one on the right is the sun setting some other night earlier in the week.



The day before we left, I was able to take a break to go into town and have some much needed "me time"! I bought a dress, a bracelet, and a pair of earings... oh and some lavender gelato! Yum Yum! And then we took the ferry back pretty late, and got home around 10pm on Sunday night which meant straight to bed, and then to work in the morning... but at least I was back at home in my bed!

No comments: